Roosevelt Road Corridor Plan
The City of Wheaton is working to create a Roosevelt Road Corridor Plan, which intends to create a shared vision for future development along the Roosevelt Road Corridor that is supported by the community, responsive to existing conditions and emerging trends, and appropriate for our community. Following the release of an initial plan draft, the City tasked Camiros Ltd. with incorporating the input of the community, City Council and City staff to develop a revised draft.
We encourage you to check out this video, which will help guide you through the updated draft, highlighting key sections along the way. You can review the Roosevelt Road Corridor Plan Updated Draft (PDF), and then share your feedback with the City through an online survey.
- View the Informational Video
- Review the Updated Roosevelt Road Corridor Plan (PDF)
- Share Your Feedback
Community Input Sessions
The City held two community input sessions to gather feedback on the draft on March 23 and March 24, held in person and through Zoom. If you were unable to attend but have input you'd like to share, please do so using this online form.
Background on this Project
In 2018, the City selected the consultant team of Camiros, Ltd. and Valerie Kretchmer & Associates to prepare a Comprehensive Plan/Market Study/Zoning Ordinance Update for the Roosevelt Road Corridor; a nearly two-mile-long corridor extending from Carlton Avenue on the west to the Wheaton/Glen Ellyn border on the east (just past Lorraine Road).
The Roosevelt Road Corridor Comprehensive Plan/Market Study/Zoning Ordinance Update process will result in the identification of specific action items that will allow the City to advance the shared vision conceived by this effort.
- August 12, 2019 City Council Planning Session
- May 28, 2019 City Council Planning Session
- March 26, 2019 Planning & Zoning Board Meeting
- February 12, 2019 Planning & Zoning Meeting
- November 13, 2018 Planning & Zoning Board Meeting
- September 11, 2018 Planning & Zoning Board
- April 16, 2018 City Council Meeting
- March 12, 2018 City Council Budget Workshop
- March 11, 2017 City Council Budget Workshop
James Kozik, AICP, Director of Planning & Economic Development
630.260.2008 / firstname.lastname@example.org