Wheaton residents interested in having a block party must submit a Block Party Application to receive a permit from the Public Works Department. There is no fee for this permit.
How to Apply
First, you must notify all residents living on the block in writing of the date and time of the block party. Applications are available from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Public Works Department, 821 West Liberty Drive.
Fill out a Block Party Application at least three weeks before the date of the block party.
If approved, the Public Works Department will drop off barricades at the applicant’s home on the Friday before the block party.
Public Works personnel will pick up the barricades at the same location on the first work day after the block party.
Note About the Permits
- Block party permits will not be issued for personal parties that do not include the other residents living on the block.
- No street can be completely blocked by any block party. Access must be available for anyone who needs to get to or from their property within the block.
- If the contact person has not received the barricades by 2 p.m. the Friday before the block party, please call Public Works at 630-260-2110.
- The contact person is responsible for removing all litter, refuse and property from the public right-of-way as a result of the block party.
- Items such as amusement rides, animal rides, tents, etc. are not allowed in the public right-of-way.