Design Details & Standards
If you are an architect, contractor, developer, engineer or homeowner looking to complete a project that involves the public right-of-way, here you will find the standards for road, sidewalk, sewer, water, streetlight, parkway trees and mailbox projects.
Note on Standards
For all Standards and Details referenced made to:
- Standard Specifications for Road and Bridge Construction, adopted January 1, 2012, or newer version.
- Standard Specifications for Water & Sewer Main Construction in Illinois June 2014, seventh edition, or newer version.
All projects within the City must conform with the Design Details and Standards. For questions or more information, please email the Engineering department.
For specifications related to building on private property, see the Guidelines for Building Projects and Permits section.
- Catch Basin With Frame And Grate for Inlet (PDF)
- Drop Manhole Connection (PDF)
- Dry Well Specification (PDF)
- Overflow Weir (PDF)
- Sanitary Manhole (PDF)
- Sanitary Manhole External Chimney Seal (PDF)
- Sanitary Manhole Internal Chimney Seal (PDF)
- Sanitary Sewer Service Connection Detail (PDF)
- Special Frame and Grate for Catch Basin and Inlet (PDF)
- Storm Sewer Restrictor (PDF)
- Storm Sewer Service Connection Detail (PDF)
- Type A Manhole Storm Sewer (PDF)
- Type B Manhole Storm Sewer (PDF)
- Corner Parallel Curb Ramps for Sidewalks (PDF)
- Depressed Corner for Sidewalks (PDF)
- Diagonal Curb Ramps for Sidewalks (PDF)
- Entrance - Alley Pedestrian Crossings (PDF)
- Median Pedestrian Crossings (PDF)
- Mid-Block Curb Ramps for Sidewalks (PDF)
- Perpendicular Curb Ramps for Sidewalks - Sheet 1 (PDF)
- Perpendicular Curb Ramps for Sidewalks - Sheet 2 (PDF)
- CBD Control Station Enclosure Elevations (PDF)
- Pole Base Detail for CBD Specifications (PDF)
- Specifications for Street Light Cabinet Poles and Bases (PDF)
- State Specifications for Street Light Control Station Riser Diagram (PDF)
- Street Light Controller Wiring Diagram (PDF)
- Type D Foundation for Ground Mounted Controller Cabinet (PDF)
- Type E Foundation for Poles Greater than 20 (PDF)
- Typical Street Light Detail - Page 1 (PDF)
- Typical Street Light Detail - Page 2 (PDF)