Elevator Inspection/Billing Update
Please see this notice regarding several revised improvements to better serve the building owners and our City in regard to elevator inspections and billing:
New Building Codes
In February 2020, the Wheaton City Council voted to adopt the most recent ICC building codes, with local amendments, to promote the health, safety and welfare of our community. The changes went into effect on March 4, 2020. The full ordinance and more information are available on the City’s website. Ordinance Amending the Code of Ordinances of the City of Wheaton
Our mission is to ensure public safety, health and welfare in all aspects of building design, construction, and maintenance.
If we can be of any assistance or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 630-260-2050 or feel free to directly contact:
- Chief William Schultz, Director of Building & Code Enforcement
Provided below are the operations, forms, and staff that will assist you in your efforts to apply for a permit, schedule inspections, and FOIA requests.
For processing questions, please contact:
- Mary Lou Hecklinger, Permit Processor
- Ruta Norkus, Permit Processor
CODES & REVIEWS
Provided below are the codes, guidelines, design criteria and staff that can assist you with the design and construction of your project.
- Zoning: Jim Kozik, Director of Planning & Economic Development
- Engineering: Joe Tebrugge, Stormwater Engineer
- Commercial, Fire Sprinkler, Fire Alarm: Bruce Allen, Plan Examiner
- Residential: Jeff Whiteman, Plan Examiner
- Building & Electrical Inspections: Tom Corrigan, Building Inspector
MAINTENANCE OF PROPERTIES
When properties fall into disrepair or when there are non-complaint operations we need your assistance to inform our Code Enforcement Officer.
- Property Maintenance, Boats & RV’s: Ted Fanning, Code Compliance Officer