November 2019 News
The City of Wheaton is in the process of updating building codes to the 2018 editions of the International Code Council, Inc (ICC) and will be adopting local amendments of those building codes appropriate for the City of Wheaton. Adoption of the most recent ICC building code editions with local amendments promotes the health, safety, and welfare of our community.
Our mission is to ensure public safety, health and welfare in all aspects of building design, construction, and maintenance.
If we can be of any assistance or if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at 630.260.2010 or feel free to directly contact:
- Chief William Schultz, Director of Building & Code Enforcement
Provided below are the operations, forms, and staff that will assist you in your efforts to apply for a permit, schedule inspections, and FOIA requests.
For processing questions, please contact:
- Mary Lou Hecklinger, Permit Processor
- Ruta Norkus, Permit Processor
CODES & REVIEWS
Provided below are the codes, guidelines, design criteria and staff that can assist you with the design and construction of your project.
- Zoning: Jim Kozik, Director of Planning & Economic Development
- Engineering: Joe Tebrugge, Stormwater Engineer
- Commercial, Fire Sprinkler, Fire Alarm: Bruce Allen, Plan Examiner
- Residential Decks & Pools: Jeff Whiteman, Plan Examiner
- Building & Electrical Inspections: Tom Corrigan, Building Inspector
MAINTENANCE OF PROPERTIES
When properties fall into disrepair or when there are non-complaint operations we need your assistance to inform our Code Enforcement Officer.
- Property Maintenance, Boats & RV's: Carol Zdan, Code Compliance Officer