Substance Use Resources
- The Illinois Helpline for Opioids and Other Substances allows users to search for substance use treatment programs in Illinois based on substance use history and abilities to pay and travel. Those looking for help can also call 833-234-6343 to speak to a helpline specialist about services.
- Gateway Foundation: drug and alcohol treatment programs across the state of Illinois. Services range from inpatient to outpatient treatment, as well as sober living homes, withdrawal management, and medication-assisted treatment (MAT). Visit their website or call 877-377-4206 to speak to an intake specialist. Gateway serves those with private insurance, Medicare/Medicaid, and no insurance.
- Symetria Recovery offers a variety of treatment programs across 6 Illinois locations, including medication-assisted treatment (MAT), family support groups, and veteran-specific care. For more information, call 855-282-4819.
- Woodridge Interventions, located in Woodridge, IL, offers outpatient and residential substance use treatment programming, as well as DUI services. Call 630-968-6477 for more information.
- Serenity House located in Addison, IL, offers substance use treatment, residential care, sober living, and adolescent programming. Call 630-620-6616 for more information.
- Elk Grove Village Cares & Naperville Police Department’s Connect for Life: This program through the Elk Grove Village Police Department provides 24/7 help for those interested in entering substance use treatment. Elk Grove Village Cares connects those who walk into the Elk Grove Village Police Department at 901 Wellington Ave., Elk Grove Village, with specialized treatment and safe transport to a local treatment facility. Those who enter the police department to begin this program will NOT be arrested for possession of drugs or paraphernalia. This program serves those with or without insurance and is open to all residents. For information, call 847-357-4100.
Connect for Life is a program based in the Naperville Police Department with a similar premise to Elk Grove Village Cares. Those interested can enter the Naperville Police Department at 1350 Aurora Avenue, Naperville, and request and receive assistance right away. If you have drugs or paraphernalia on you, simply inform the officer and the items will be taken for destruction. You will NOT be charged. For information, call 630-305-7032.
For additional information or assistance, contact the City of Wheaton social worker Khadija Khan at 630-260-2545 or firstname.lastname@example.org