Permits may be required for any events featuring the following: Fireworks, Tents, Stages, Amusement Rides & Attractions, Circus, Live Music/Sound Amplification and Special Events.
Do I need a 'Special Event' permit?
A special event means any organized activity including, but not limited to a fair, carnival, circus, festival, concert, demonstration, march, rally, performance, show, parade, walk/run/cycle, motion photography, or public firework displays that:
- Is held in whole or in part upon city property, streets, sidewalks, trails, walkways or on other public rights-of-way.
- Occurs on private property, which may affect, impact or interfere with the standard, ordinary and normal use of public property, streets, rights-of-way, walkways, or sidewalks by the general public within the vicinity of such special event; or
- Requires the use of city services.
How far in advance do I need to apply?
All special event applications shall be submitted within 90 days and no less than 30 days prior to the proposed date of the event. After receiving your application, the City’s Special Event Committee will contact you regarding any additional requirements and conditions related to your permit.
APPLICANTS shall submit the following with their completed application 90 days prior to the event:
- A detailed Site Map, including a Route Map if your event requires the use of streets, sidewalks, or trails.
- Other attachments may be required based on your event’s features.
Before you submit your application please review the Application Checklist, verify all required materials are included and certify the application with your Signature.
The City of Wheaton reserves the right to cancel any event at any time for reasons deemed necessary by the City of Wheaton, including, but not limited to severe or dangerous weather; failure to submit required forms or insurance documentation.
Applications will be processed in a first-come, first-serve basis.
For more details on Events, please refer to Ordinance No. 0-2019-10
Click here for Event Application
|1. Alcoholic beverages||(Chapter 6)|
a. Retail liquor dealer's license
|2. Amusements & Entertainment|
|$50.00||Per attraction or ride|
|$100.00||Per tent (good for 90 days only; no permit needed for 400 sq feet or less)|
h. Special Event
|3. Special Event|
a. Application Fee
b. City Services
|Cost of city services as determined by the special events committee; applicant will be invoiced after event has concluded|