Effective April 20, 2018, all formal solicitations issued by the City of Wheaton, with a value of more than $20,000, will only be advertised and available on DemandStar.
Interested vendors shall register to receive notification of solicitations for bids, proposals, and quotes from the City of Wheaton by registering at www.demandstar.com/register.rsp.
Our mission is to purchase the specified goods and services required by City departments and facilities at the lowest possible cost, ensuring that Wheaton residents receive the maximum value for each dollar spent.
What We Do
- Ensure that all purchases comply with the City of Wheaton’s ordinances and statutes of the State of Illinois
- Ensure that all purchases promote fair and impartial competition
- Oversee the public bidding and proposal process
- Approve the purchase of goods and services for all City departments through purchase orders and contracts
- Perform research to find the maximum benefit for the funds spent
- Work with businesses interested in providing goods and / or services to the City
- Consolidate duplication of services between departments and facilities
Bid Documents RSS Feeds
- Building and Code Enforcement
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Planning and Economic Development
- Public Works - Signs
- Public Works Electric
- Public Works Forestry and Public Grounds
- Public Works Municipal Garage
- Public Works Sewer
- Public Works Streets
- Public Works Water