Emergency Medical Services
Requests for Records
The Wheaton Fire Department does not oversee patient records or oversee emergency medical billing:
- For patient records and medical reports, please contact Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital’s Health Information Management Department at 630-933-6361.
- If a patient was not transported to Central DuPage Hospital, request records via mail to: Northwestern Medicine, Attn: Medical Records-EMS Office, 25 North Winfield Road, Winfield, Illinois 60190.
- For emergency medical billing copies, please contact Andres Medical Billing at 800-244-2345.
Responding to Medical Emergencies
The Wheaton Fire Department delivers Advanced Life Support (ALS) services to the community using a tiered response system. Depending upon the nature of the emergency medical request, the Wheaton Fire Department will respond with at least one ambulance and/or a cross-trained firefighter/emergency medical crew from the closest available station.
Each of the City’s three ambulances (one at each fire station) is staffed by two paramedics contracted by Kurtz Ambulance Service Inc. Wheaton’s ambulances are equipped with cardiac monitors/defibrillators outfitted with 12-lead ECG capabilities, computer-based patient reporting and the latest pre-hospital medication designed to address virtually any medical/traumatic emergency.
Patients are typically transported to one of several area hospitals that include:
- Northwestern Medicine Central DuPage Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital (trauma center)
- Glen Oaks Hospital
- Edward Hospital
Occasionally, an emergency medical incident requires a special transport need such as an aero medical transport, which the department has access to through several local operators.