- City Services
- Boards & Commissions
- Environmental Improvement Commission
Environmental Improvement Commission
The purpose of the Environmental Improvement Commission shall be to:
- Study and advise the City Council on local sustainable initiatives which are fiscally responsible, enhance economic vitality promote lifecycle fiscal responsibility both in the short and long term, enhance environmental vitality and/or improve on public health.
- To educate and actively engage the Wheaton community regarding the benefits of living environmentally and sustainably. To act locally and think globally.
- Sponsor national, state, and local programs which affect local awareness of environmental and promote native bio-diverse beautification of the natural environment related issues, including programs that encourage the public to develop environmental measures that reduce the consumption of energy and fossil fuels, conserve water, reduce hazardous, solid and compostable waste, reduce air pollution emissions, and reduce the consumption and disposal difficult to recycle plastics.
- To disseminate environmental and sustainable information and resources.
- To sponsor an annual celebration of Earth Day and Arbor Day with associated environmental events.
- To create partnerships with interested parties to help achieve mutually beneficial sustainability goals.
The Environmental Improvement Commission generally meets at 7:30 p.m. on the fourth Tuesday of each month at City Hall. There are no meetings in July and December. All meetings are open to residents. You are welcome to attend, share your thoughts, or observe to see if you would like to apply for a position. For up-to-date information regarding all of the City’s Boards and Commissions meeting dates, times, and locations, please see the City Calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
This commission consists of no less than 7 and no more than 13 members.
- Ted Witte, Chair
- Cathy Coleman, Secretary
- Susan Bachraty
- Nancy Flynn
- Brian Malone
- Kay McKeen
- Anthony Pope
- David Popham
- Stephen Siemer
- Allison Torrence
- Seema Wadia
- Jim Wozniak
- Robert Young
Current Vacant Positions: 0
Available Positions: 0