Does the City repair broken curbs?

The City does not normally replace broken curbs. Deteriorated curbs are usually replaced when the street is reconstructed as part of the Annual Road Program. The City will temporarily patch broken curbs with asphalt. Homeowners wishing to replace the curb in front of their driveway may do so, at their own expense. 

The City will assist the homeowner by removing and disposing of the selected curb. Once the homeowner has had the curb replaced, the City will then repair the street in front of the new curb. Contact us at 630-260-2116 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. Does the City repair broken curbs?
2. Who is responsible for drive approaches?
3. When will my street be plowed?
4. Why does it take so long to clean up the cul-de-sacs?
5. Why does my driveway get “plowed in” when a snowplow passes my house?
6. Whom do I call if a streetlight is out?