The 2018 Memorial Day Parade is Monday, May 28, 2018, beginning at 10:00 a.m. The parade is scheduled to step off at 10:00 a.m. from Memorial Park and proceed:
- South on Hale Street to Wesley Street.
- West on Wesley Street to Wheaton Avenue.
- South on Wheaton Avenue to Liberty Drive.
- East on Liberty Drive to Main Street.
- South on Main Street to Elm Street.
- West on Elm Street to Warrenville Road.
- South on Warrenville Road to the Wheaton Cemetery.
During the parade, the Wheaton Police Department, with the cooperation and assistance of the Milton Township Highway Department, will temporarily modify the traffic pattern on Warrenville Road from Wheaton Cemetery / Merrill and Warrenville Road to Orchard Road from two-way to only one way southbound.
This condition will exist for approximately two and a half hours (9:30 a.m. until 12:00 p.m.).
During the event, these streets will be adequately staffed with uniformed Police Officers to assist and direct traffic.
Residents, citizens, and motorists are being asked for their cooperation in not moving the barricades to ensure the safety of the Parade participants.
Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and choose to alter their travel route to avoid these areas.