Weather permitting, crews contracted by the City of Wheaton will begin work on Wednesday, July 6 to fill cracks on portions of Main Street, President Street, Harrison Avenue and Blanchard Street. Work will take place between 7 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday through Friday for approximately two weeks. The road segments included in this project are:
- Main Street, from Seminary Avenue to Cole Avenue
- Harrison Avenue, from Gary Avenue to College Avenue
- President Street, from Geneva Road to Harrison Avenue
- President Street, from Roosevelt Road to Blanchard Street
- Blanchard Street, from President Street to Hawkins Circle
The crack-sealing program is part of the City's road maintenance program to increase the longevity of the roads. Sealing road cracks helps prevent water from penetrating the road base and reducing the life of the pavement.
The affected roads will remain open during treatment; however, traffic will be reduced to one lane of travel using temporary daily lane closures.
Drivers in the project area should be prepared to reduce their speed, exercise caution, watch for construction workers and construction vehicles, and obey flaggers and other traffic control devices within the work zone. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation to help ensure the safety of crews and other drivers on the road.