Mark your calendar for a popular event hosted by Wheaton’s Environmental Improvement Commission. On Saturday, April 2, from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m., this drive-through event will take place in the Commuter Parking Lot at Carlton and Liberty.
Items you can bring for disposal include:
- Document shredding - limit 3 boxes (box size should be equivalent to a bankers box/paper copier box; no plastic file tabs, no vinyl checkbook covers, no plastic page protectors, no batteries) – funding assistance provided by DuPage County
- Syringes, epi pens, medications, sharps, lancets – by DuPage County Sheriff
- Eye glasses, sun glasses, hearing aids – collected by Wheaton Lions Club
- Books, records, musical instruments, small inkjet cartridges, Brita brand filters and pitchers, keys from cars and homes, x-rays, bread tags – collected by SCARCE
- Mercury thermometers/ thermostats/barometers – collected by SCARCE
- Soccer gear for Zambia - soccer jerseys, socks, shin guards, cleats, gym uniforms, balls, nets, referee gear, girls leggings
- Walkers, wheelchairs, crutches – collected for Melba's Place project of Milton Township
- Propane tanks - collected by AmeriGas
- Car and other large batteries – collected by Interstate Battery
- Bikes, helmets,tire pumps, repair tools – for Working Bikes
- Latex paint: $1 quarts, $3 gallons, or $15 buckets – collected by E-Paint
- Aerosol cans: $1/aerosol products, $3/propane (1 lb. only, 14-16 oz containers) – collected by Flat Can
- Household batteries: $2 per pound, credit card only – collected by SCARCE, recycled by HazChem
Regular electronics, textiles, scrap metal, fluorescent bulbs and cooking oil will not be collected at this event but will be collected the following weekend at Wheaton’s regular monthly event.