To allow snow plows to clear streets all the way to the curb, on-street parking is currently prohibited until snow ends and streets have been cleared.
Public Works crews are currently out clearing roads and will continue to clear Wheaton streets using their prioritized route system. Crews will first clear major thoroughfares, high volume areas and potentially dangerous areas such as railroad crossings, school zones, curves, bridges, and intersections. These are followed by secondary and residential streets, and then cul-de-sacs and dead-ends.
Other important snow reminders:
- Do not push snow into the street or onto the opposite side of the street. It hinders our snow plows' efforts to keep roads clear and can create safety hazards. This is a violation of City Code and can result in a fine.
- Please be a good neighbor and clear sidewalks near your property. Children who walk to school, dog walkers, and anyone else who uses the sidewalk will appreciate it. If you can, assist neighbors who may be unable to clear sidewalks near their homes.
- Please drive safely and give yourself extra room to stop.
- Give snow plows some room. Do not follow plows closely or pass them suddenly.
- You can help by keeping fire hydrants near your home clear of snow. Every second counts in an emergency.
For more information on Wheaton's snow removal efforts, visit wheaton.il.us/snow.