The Wheaton Park District and the Downtown Wheaton Association in partnership with the City of Wheaton will kick off the holiday season with the Wheaton Christmas Parade on Friday, Nov. 26, 2021 beginning at 6 p.m. Immediately following the parade will be a park lighting ceremony to begin the Nights of Lights at Adams Park. Come join the Mayor and City Council to count down the lighting of the park, which will happen at approximately 7:15 p.m., then enjoy carolers and the magic of the Downtown Wheaton Association's Nights of Lights in Adams Park.
The Wheaton Christmas Parade will step off at Wheaton Avenue and Wesley Street on Friday, Nov. 26, in front of City Hall at 6 p.m. and will proceed:
- South on Wheaton Avenue to Front Street
- East on Front Street to Cross Street
From approximately 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 26, the following streets will be temporarily closed for the parade:
- Wheaton Avenue between Wesley Avenue and Front Street
- Wesley Avenue at Wheaton Avenue
- Front Street between Wheaton Avenue and Cross Street
- Hale Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street
- Main Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street
- Cross Street between Liberty Drive and Front Street
In addition, Karlskoga Avenue will be closed to all vehicle traffic from 11 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 25 to 8 p.m. Friday, Nov. 26. Please do not move the barricades or cones so we can ensure the safety of the parade participants. Uniformed officers will be present to assist and direct traffic. Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and choose to alter their travel routes to avoid these areas.
View the map of the closures here.