Bensidoun USA will be opening the Wheaton French Market season on Saturday, April 10, 2021 at a new temporary location of Reber Street and Liberty Drive near Courthouse Square and the City’s Water Department facility. The market will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. each Saturday through Nov. 27, 2021 with the first hour of the market between 8 a.m. and 9 a.m. being reserved for the unvaccinated at-risk population that includes seniors and those with underlying health conditions. Visit the City's website for a map of the event.
The market will open with many of the previous year’s Covid-19 precautions in place to protect the health of shoppers and vendors. Precautions include social distancing requirements and directional pathways throughout the market. In addition, all attendees and participants must wear face masks while within the boundaries of the market.
Both vendors and shoppers will need to continue to follow the health and safety guidelines in accordance with current State requirements:
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Face covering or mask is required.
- When possible, send just one family member/person to market. Limit family groups.
- 8 a.m. - 9 a.m. is reserved for the unvaccinated at-risk population (seniors age 65+ and those with underlying health conditions). Anyone within the at-risk population should visit between these times or stay home.
- No dogs or animals will be allowed unless they are service animals.
- Pre-ordering of food items if vendors offer services is encouraged. The Virtual French Market on Bensidoun’s website has more than 100 vendors providing items that can be pre-ordered.
- The market will operate in a one-way direction marked by arrows on the ground.
- Maintain at least an arm’s length distance between other shoppers and vendors.
- Avoid hand-to-hand contact between vendors and other shoppers.
- Quickly move through the market, pick up items, and depart.
- Pay with credit or debit when possible. If you must pay with cash, please note that vendors may not be able to give change in an effort to lessen contact.
- No consumption of food will be allowed on site.
- No seating will be offered.
The Wheaton French Market Covid-19 guidelines for shoppers and vendors may be revised throughout the season based to coincide with the required state mandates. All questions should be directed to the French Market organizer, Bensidoun USA, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in being a vendor at the Wheaton French Market, please visit https://bensidounusa.com/be-a-vendor/ for more information.