The Wheaton Fine and Cultural Arts Commission will be hosting a Day of the Dead Parade through the downtown area at 6 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 2, 2019. This cultural parade will start and end at Gary United Methodist Church, travelling around the central business district. The parade route will be closed from approximately 5:45 p.m. until 7 p.m.
The following streets will be temporarily closed for this event:
- Hale Street from the Gary United Methodist Church parking lot south to Wesley Street
- Wesley Street west from Hale Street to West Street
- West Street from Wesley Street south to Front Street
- Front Street from West Street east to the alley (Parking Garage)
- Alley (Parking Garage) from Front Street north to Wesley Street.
Streets will be staffed with uniformed Police Officers to assist and direct traffic. Residents, citizens, and motorists are being asked for their cooperation in not moving the barricades to ensure the safety of the parade participants and spectators.
Motorists are advised to choose alternate travel routes to avoid traffic delays.