The Wheaton Park District will host the FT Cares Foundation Light the Torch Run 5K on Friday, September 28, 2018 beginning at 7:00 p.m. and concluding at approximately 8:30 p.m.
During this event, the Wheaton Police Department will temporarily close:
- Liberty Drive - Between Main Street & Reber Street
- Cross Street - Between the UPRR Tracks & Illinois Street
- Willow Avenue - Between Main Street &Washington Street
- Illinois Street - Between Main Street & Summit Street
- Summit Street - Between Illinois Street & Harwarden Street
- Kellogg Place - Between Harwarden Street & Crescent Street
- Blanchard Street - Between Illinois Street & Crescent Street
- Crescent Street - Between Blanchard Street & Washington Street
- Washington Street - Between UPRR Tracks (north side) & Illinois Street
- Reber Street - Between Illinois Street & Liberty Drive
Commuter Parking Lot #3 will be closed to Leased Permit Holders from Thursday, September 27, 2018, at 11:00 p.m. until Friday, September 28, 2018, until 10:00 p.m.
Liberty Drive between Main Street and Reber Street will also be closed from 3:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. for a Family Fest, and Pre & Post Race Activities.
Streets will be staffed with uniformed Police Officers to assist and direct traffic.
Residents, citizens, and motorists are being asked for their cooperation in not moving the barricades to ensure the safety of the runners.
President Street will remain open during the race and manned by Police Officers; however, delays should be expected due to the race.
Motorists are advised to choose alternate travel routes to avoid traffic delays.