The 2018 5K / 10K Run for the Animals will start at 7:30 a.m. Saturday, June 2, 2018. Roads temporarily closed from 6:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. are: (See a map of these closures)
- Main Street – between Seminary and Wakeman Avenue;
- Wheaton Avenue – between Wesley Street and Prairie Avenue;
- West Street – between Oak Avenue and Northside Park
- Prairie Avenue – between Main Street and West Street;
- Oak Avenue – between West Street and Main Street;
- Scott Street – between Seminary Avenue and Franklin Street;
- Cross Street – between Seminary Avenue and Franklin Street;
- Franklin Street – between Scott Street and Wheaton Avenue;
- Wakeman/Cadillac Drive – between Main Street and Webster Avenue;
- Webster Avenue – between Cadillac Drive and University Place;
- Forest Avenue – between Webster Avenue and Howard Street;
- Forest Avenue – between Wheaton Place and Wheaton Avenue;
- Howard Street – between Forest Avenue and College Avenue;
- Harrison Avenue – between Howard Street and Cherry Street;
- North Path – between Cherry Street and Webster Avenue;
- University Place – between Howard Street and Webster Avenue;
- College Avenue – between Howard Street and Washington Street; and,
- Seminary Avenue – between Washington Street and Hale Street;
- Thomas Road - between Darling Street and Papworth Street;
- Papworth Street – between Thomas Road and Armbrust Avenue;
- Armbrust Avenue – between Papworth Street and Darling Street.
During this time, these streets will be staffed with uniformed Police Officers to assist and direct traffic.
Residents, citizens, and motorists are being asked for their cooperation in not moving the barricades to ensure the safety of the runners.
Motorists may experience temporary traffic delays and may choose to alter their travel route to avoid these areas.