What can I do to prevent flooding in my home?

Residents who have issues with flooding in their homes can schedule a free drainage review with a City Engineer by calling 630-260-2870. This comprehensive evaluation examines everything having to do with drainage and your property. The engineer will discuss where the water comes from, how it gets there, and, most importantly, what can be done to alleviate your property’s problems. In addition, see the City's flooding prevention tips.

Show All Answers

1. How does an all-way stop sign get placed at an intersection?
2. Can a stop sign be placed to slow speeding traffic?
3. How does the City deal with speeding on residential streets?
4. Can the City do something about the number of cars going down my street?
5. Why does the red light for Front Street and Main Street stay on so long when no traffic is crossing the railroad tracks?
6. Does the City have a plan for which streets get repaved?
7. My street does not have curbs, storm sewers, or street lighting. Will the City install those improvements?
8. Sometimes my basement floor drain backs up during a rain storm. Is this normal?
9. What can I do to prevent flooding in my home?