On Oct. 22, 2021, Wheaton Police Officers responded to the 700 block of west Childs Street for a reported home invasion. It is alleged that Timothy Jackson entered the residence of the victim and beat her with a Glock handgun before pointing the gun at the victim and threatening to kill her. Jackson fled before police arrived. The investigation led to the issuance of an arrest warrant for Timothy Jackson for Aggravated Unlawful Restraint.
Wheaton Detectives were able to ascertain that Timothy Jackson was staying in the 300 block of Virginia Place in Wheeling. With the assistance of State’s Attorney Bob Berlin’s staff, a search warrant for the Wheeling address was issued. Prior to the service of the warrant, on Dec. 17, 2021, Jackson was observed leaving the residence in a vehicle. As the vehicle was parked in a gas station parking lot, Wheaton Detectives made contact with Jackson, who attempted to flee but was taken into custody after a brief foot chase.
The search warrant was served on the residence with the assistance of DuPage MERIT SWAT, Wheeling Police Department, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations. The following were recovered during the execution of the search warrant:
- Glock .40 caliber handgun with full auto switch and drum mag containing ammunition
- AK-47 rifle that had a loaded drum magazine containing ammunition
- Remington 870 shotgun with obliterated serial number that was loaded with ammunition
- 250 grams of apparent cannabis, THC edibles, and 60 grams of apparent mushrooms.
Timothy Jackson was taken to the DuPage County Jail, where he is being held on the following charges:
- $200,000 (current bond) - Original arrest warrant for Aggravated Unlawful Restraint (with firearm)
- $750,000 (current bond) - Failure to Appear for Aggravated Unlawful Use of a Weapon, Unlawful Use or Possession of Weapons by a Felon, Possession of a Controlled Substance, Theft, Driving While License Suspended/Revoked, and Armed Violence
- $500,000 (current bond) - Failure to Appear for Disorderly Conduct (false 911 call)
- $250,000 (current bond) - Failure to Appear for Escape
- $3,000 (current bond) - Failure to Appear for Traffic Offenses
29 years old
Last known address: 300 block of North Ardmore, Villa Park
The Federal Bureau of Investigations is continuing the investigation for potential federal weapon charges related to the firearms recovered during the search warrant.
Members of the public are reminded that these complaints contain only charges and are not proof of the defendant's guilt. A defendant is presumed innocent and is entitled to a fair trial in which it is the government's burden to prove their guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.