COVID-19: Community Resources
As more information is made available we will provide updated general resources to help you be informed about the COVID-19 virus and precautions you can take.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Symptoms
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. For the most current information regarding COVID-19 symptoms, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.
Transmission & Prevention
Because there is currently no vaccine for the disease, health agencies are advising prevention measures. Therefore, we urge residents to take the preventions steps outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) to protect you and your family from getting sick or spreading illness to others.
What is the City of Wheaton Doing in Response?
Confirmed cases of COVID-19 continue to be identified throughout Illinois and DuPage County. Changes to City services (see below) have been implemented to provide safety to staff and residents in conjunction with executive orders from the Governor including the current Stay At Home Order. And, at the March 23 City Council Special Meeting, the City Council approved a declaration of local emergency in response to the current crisis. Please see the following related items:
City Council Special Meeting Video - 3/23/20
Declaration of Local State of Emergency (Executive Order 2020-001)
Executive Order 2020-002
Executive Order 2020-003
Executive Order 2020-004
Executive Order 2020-005
Executive Order 2020-006
Executive Order 2020-007
- Illinois Testing Site Locations
- Long-Term Care Facility Outbreaks
- Use of Cloth Face Coverings (Centers for Disease Control)
- List of Disinfectants To Use Against COVID-19 (EPA)
- Shopping for Food Guidance (U.S. Food & Drug Administration)
- Cases In United States (Centers for Disease Control)
- How To Avoid Scams Targeting Your COVID-19 Relief Check (Federal Trade Commission)
- Cases In DuPage County (DuPage County Health Department)
- Symptoms & Testing (Centers for Disease Control)
- Preventing Getting Sick (Centers for Disease Control)
- Coronavirus Self-Checker (Centers for Disease Control)
- When & How To Wash Your Hands (Centers for Disease Control)
- If You Are Sick or Caring for Someone (Centers for Disease Control)
- People Who Need To Take Extra Precautions (Centers for Disease Control)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Centers for Disease Control)
- Small Business Owner’s Guide To CAREs Act (U.S Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship)