2019 Road Construction and Maintenance
The map and chart below show construction projects planned for Wheaton this year. Click on a point on the map or the table of contents to the left of the map for more information, or see the chart below.
Please note that dates are estimated and could be affected by weather or unforeseen circumstances.
Roosevelt Road is managed by the Illinois Department of Transportation. For information on Roosevelt Road construction projects or other state road questions, please visit IDOT online at www.idot.illinois.gov or call 1-800-452-IDOT.
Types of Construction Work:
- Street Reconstruction is the most extensive type of project. Crews remove the pavement, the base below it and sometimes the curb, then construct a new roadway.
- Street Rehabilitation removes and replaces the curb, then resurfaces the entire pavement surface.
- Street Resurfacing involves grinding the existing pavement in order to put down a new top layer of pavement.
- Road maintenance includes less extensive construction, such as patching, some pavement resurfacing, and correcting potholes and surface defects.
|Street||Construction Limits||Current Status|
* water main work included on these streets - extends construction time.
** For more information about a Sanitary Force Main please visit this wikipedia web page
Assistance with Pothole Damage
Butterfield Road in Wheaton is being resurfaced by the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT). If your vehicle has experienced damage while work was being completed, the City of Wheaton can assist you in reporting this to the State. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 630-260-2065 for more information.