- Living Here
- Transportation & Parking
Transportation & Parking
Public Parking Garages & Lots
- Wheaton Place Garage - 232 W. Wesley Street
- Willow Avenue Garage - 220 S. Cross Street
- Lot #2 - South side of Wesley between Main & Hale
Parking on any City street is prohibited from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. each day. If you need to park on a City street between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., you must either submit a request online before 1 a.m., or call the Police Department at 630-260-2161 to report the vehicle on the street. The Wheaton Police Department will ticket vehicles that have not been reported.
Parking Options in Wheaton
Daily Fee Parking
Daily fee parking allows you to pay with the Passport Parking app or at nearby digital kiosks. You will need to know your license plate number and the zone number you are parked in.
ZONE 62501 (Near Downtown Train Station):
- Lot 9: Carlton Avenue & Liberty Drive (north side)
- Carlton Avenue, Liberty Drive
ZONE 62500 (Near College Avenue Train Station):
- Lot 10: adjacent to the College Avenue Train Station
- Crescent Street (Lot 6 to Chase Street)
Parking on Holidays
You do not need to pay metered parking rates on the following City holidays:
- Presidents Day
- Friday before Easter
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving and following day
- Christmas Day
Motorcycle / Scooter Parking
The City has designated parking spaces specifically for motorcycles and motorized scooters at Lot Number 10, the daily fee College Avenue Metra Train Station parking lot, and Lot Number 9, near the Downtown Wheaton Metra station.
You can either:
- Pay a daily fee of $1.50 using the parking kiosk, or
- If you have a valid leased parking permit for the City of Wheaton commuter parking lots, you can use your parking permit. You must photocopy the vehicle permit and affix the copy with a luggage tag to the handlebars of the motorcycle or scooter.
Two Wheaton train stations transport more than 3,000 commuters to downtown Chicago on the Metra Union Pacific West Line.
- Downtown Wheaton train station: 402 West Front Street
- College Avenue train station: 303 North President Street
Report a Blocked Railroad Crossing
If you encounter a train that is stopped and blocking a crossing, you can report it to the Federal Railroad Administration online. This data is being collected to assist in identifying areas of chronic issues and the impacts of blockages on traffic in specific locations.
Pace Suburban Bus Service transports residents to the train stations and other locations throughout the suburbs.
There are a select number of parking meter spaces located throughout the City. Parking meters are enforced from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Metered spaces are free after 6 p.m. and free all day on Sunday. If you experience an issue with a meter or find that it has malfunctioned, please call 630-260-2161 and a member of the Police Department will assist you. Please note the parking meter number when calling.
Parking Ticket Payments / Citation Review
Citizens may request a municipal citation review or pay parking tickets at https://wheatonil.rmcpay.com. Please note that all citations stand as issued until the review is complete. For more information, please contact the Wheaton Police Department at 630-260-2161.