Transportation & Parking
Public Parking Garages & Lots
- Wheaton Place Garage - 232 W. Wesley Street
- Willow Avenue Garage - 220 S. Cross Street
- Lot #2 - South side of Wesley between Main & Hale
Parking on any City street is prohibited from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m. each day. If you need to park on a City street between 2 a.m. and 6 a.m., you must either submit a request online before 1 a.m., or call the Police Department at 630-260-2161 to report the vehicle on the street. The Wheaton Police Department will ticket vehicles that have not been reported.
Parking Options in Wheaton
Parking on Holidays
You do not need to pay metered parking rates on the following City holidays:
- Presidents Day
- Friday before Easter
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving and following day
- Christmas Day
Motorcycle / Scooter Parking
The City has designated parking spaces specifically for motorcycles and motorized scooters at Lot Number 10, the daily fee College Avenue Metra Train Station parking lot, and Lot Number 9, near the Downtown Wheaton Metra station.
You can either:
- Pay a daily fee of $1.50 using the lot's payment box, or
- If you have a valid leased parking permit for the City of Wheaton commuter parking lots, you can use your parking permit. You must photocopy the vehicle permit and affix the copy with a luggage tag to the handlebars of the motorcycle or scooter.
Two Wheaton train stations transport more than 3,000 commuters to downtown Chicago on the Metra Union Pacific West Line.
- Downtown Wheaton train station: 402 West Front Street
- College Avenue train station: 303 North President Street
Pace Suburban Bus Service transports residents to the train stations and other locations throughout the suburbs.
There are a select number of parking meter spaces located throughout the City. Parking meters are enforced from 8am thru 6pm Monday thru Saturday. Metered spaces are free after 6pm and free all day on Sunday. If you experience an issue with a meter or find that it has malfunctioned, please call 630-260-2161 and a member of the Police Department will assist you. Please note the parking meter number when calling. Parking Meters & Lots Map
Citizens may request a municipal citation review by filling out the Citation Review Form. Please note that all citations stand as issued until the review is complete. For more information, please contact the Wheaton Police Department at 630-260-2161.