- Living Here
- Home & Property
- Garbage & Recycling
- Stickers for Waste Items
Stickers for Waste Items
Stickers are only necessary for yard waste/organics, excess garbage outside of the cart, electronics, and bulk items.
Each sticker is $3.05 (price effective through Sept. 30, 2023).
Number of Stickers Required for Types of Items
- 1 excess bag of garbage: 1 sticker
- 1 biodegradable yard waste bag/container: 1 sticker
- 1 stack of brush/tree trimmings (no more than 4 feet in length, 18 inches diameter): 1 sticker
- Carpeting: 2 stickers per roll
- Bulk Item (mattress, toilet, etc.; see note below under "bulk items"): 5 stickers
- White Good (refrigerator, water heater): 10 stickers
- E-Waste single item:1 sticker
- E-Waste bundle (within brown paper grocery-sized bag): 5 stickers
- E-Waste TV or computer monitor: 10 stickers
Where to Buy Stickers
Waste stickers for yard waste, organics, excess garbage, electronics and bulk items can be purchased at these locations:
- 7-Eleven: 625 W Roosevelt Road
- Buikema’s Ace Hardware: 1705 N Main Street & 90 E Loop Road
- Carlson True Value Hardware: 125 E Front Street
- DuPage Mini Mart: 238 N Gables Boulevard
- Jewel-Osco: 599 Roosevelt Road, 2031 N Main Street & 30 Danada Square West
- Len’s Ace Hardware - 485 Roosevelt Road
- Mariano’s: 625 S Main Street
- Valli Produce: 155 North Avenue
- Whole Foods: 89 Danada Square West
Larger Garbage Items
- Bulk items are items that are too large to fit into your plastic cart. Each bulk item requires 5 garbage/organic stickers attached to it. To dispose of your toilet, please separate the bowl from the tank and place the 5 required stickers on one of the pieces. Lakeshore will remove both pieces. Note that all bulk waste must weigh no more than 50 pounds.
- Carpet rolls must be no longer than 4 feet in length and 18 inches in diameter and require 2 garbage/organic stickers attached to each roll for collection.
- White goods, or appliances containing CFC, HCFC, PCBs, mercury switches or other hazardous components (refrigerators, air conditions, humidifiers, etc.), require 10 garbage/organic stickers to be collected. All white goods will be collected by a separate truck at the end of the day.
- Do it yourself construction The rate for pickup of do-it-yourself construction or demolition debris is $16.50 per one (1) cubic yard with a $23.00 pickup charge. Debris can be placed within a 35-gallon container or within stacks. 35-gallon containers cannot weigh more than 50 pounds. Stacks must weigh less than 50 pounds, be no more than 4 feet in length, and up to 18 inches in diameter.
- Household hazardous waste (HHW) products are flammable, toxic, corrosive or reactive, and can pose a harmful threat or damage to the environment when disposed of improperly. Items such as paint, pesticides, poisons, cleaning solvents, tainted gasoline, used oil and other automotive fluids are considered to be hazardous waste and should not be included with your regular garbage for disposal. For more information regarding disposal, visit the DuPage County website.