Tenant / Landlord Disputes

If you are a tenant in dispute with your landlord, the City will not get involved. All of these disputes are civil matters, which must be handled through the DuPage County Court system.

If you are a tenant with property maintenance concerns, the City will require you to work with your landlord first by bringing to their attention, whatever your concerns are. It is in your best interest to communicate with your landlord in writing; email is the preferred method. If your landlord fails to address your concern, the City will request a copy of your correspondence with your landlord before we initiate a case. Once we review the correspondence, we will determine if enforcement can be implemented.