Recycling Extravaganza Details
The Recycling Extravaganza is a drive-through recycling and reuse event. Residents can load up their car and then relax as volunteers unload the items they wish to recycle or donate. Participation is free (unless noted). All participants are advised to wear a mask and maintain proper social distancing. Please place items as far back in trunk as possible.
This event is offered in partnership with SCARCE, the City of Wheaton, the Wheaton Environmental Improvement Commission, the DuPage County Sheriff's Office, DuPage County, Wheaton Lions Club, Working Bikes, Flat Can, and ePaint Recycling.
- Date: Saturday, October 31, 2020
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Location: Commuter Lot 9 (Carlton & Liberty Drive)
- Syringes & EpiPens
- Household-generated medical sharps (needles, syringes, lancets etc.) in a thick plastic container, such as a detergent bottle, secured with a lid and tape then labeled as “sharps.”
- Paper Shredding
- 4 standard office-sized boxes (copier paper/banker-sized boxes)
- Please remove binders, rubber bands, binder clips, page protectors, plastic bags, plastic file tabs, CDs, vinyl checkbook holders, batteries, and other hard items. (Items are a fire hazard for the shredding truck.)
- Staples and paper clips do not need to be removed
- Boxes will be returned to vehicle(s)
- Eye glasses
- Hearing aids
- Used bikes and bike parts (helmets, working pumps, bicycle parts)
- Mercury thermometers, thermostats & barometers
- No light bulbs
- Brita filters & pitchers (Only this brand)
- Music records (45's, LP's)
- Musical instruments & sheet music
- Latex paint (Fees: Quart $1, 1-Gallon $4, 5-Gallon $10)
- Aerosol paint cans ($1 per can)