Title: Maintenance Worker - PW
Public Works - Water
Pay Rate: $19.46/hour
Essential Job Functions
Performs a variety of non or semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance of the water distribution system. Examples of work to be performed include but are not limited to:
- Inspecting, repairing and replacement of water services and mains, fire hydrants, valves and water meters.
- Landscaping, sodding, asphalt and concrete repairs.
- Performing minor chemical tests on water.
- Standby duties and other duties that may be assigned by a supervisory member of the Water Division.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License (CDL).
- Ability to:
- Be detail oriented, mechanically inclined.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Perform heavy physical work.
- Utilize personal computer skills.
If interested, please forward a completed application/resume by mail to the Director of Human Resources, City of Wheaton , 303 W. Wesley Street , P.O. Box 727, Wheaton , IL 60187-0727;
by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org; or by fax to 630-260-2017. No phone calls Please.
Application forms are available at City Hall, 303 W. Wesley St., 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday.
The City is unable to contact all applicants due to the high number of submissions received.
You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate.
The City of Wheaton is an Equal Opportunity Employer