Building & Code Enforcement
Our mission is to ensure public safety, health and welfare in all aspects of building design, construction and maintenance.
What we do:
- Adopt, administer and enforce Wheaton City Code; state codes for plumbing, accessibility and energy conservation; and national codes for building, electrical, mechanical, fuel/gas and fire prevention
- Review building plans, issue permits and perform inspections to ensure that construction conforms to applicable codes
- Notify owners of property that does not meet City Code and ensure that corrections are made
- Investigate complaints related to building codes and zoning ordinances
- Register contractors to perform work in Wheaton